As you may know, the Galaxy Community Conference (GCC2022) will take place
in Minnesota this year. For those that won't attend in person, the GCC
Organizing Committee is happy to *announce a virtual webinar-like option*.
How can you register?
* There is a special *Virtual* option in the registration form
for online only.
* Once you are registered and a few days before the conference, you'll
receive all the information you need, including:
- an invitation to join the GCC2022 Slack space,
- a link to a zoom webinar.
Is it going to be interactive?
There will be a Meeting Owl <https://owllabs.com/>
on-site that will show
you the room. In the webinar mode, you will have the chance to:
* Watch the presentations live (remember the time difference!).
* Ask questions. The chat and Q&A functionality will be enabled. There will
be someone online in close contact with the moderator in the room.
* If there's no time for more questions, you can always post them in the
Will you be able to attend the poster session?
Partially. The authors will deposit their posters in Sched
;, and you'll have the chance to ask questions
in Slack using the channel *gcc2022-posters-demo*. Their response may be
slow, depending on how busy the poster presenters are in real life.
How much will the virtual attendance cost?
- Regular online registration: $80.
- $10 for Low-Income-Countries (check this list
find out which countries qualify as such).
When is the deadline for registration?
- July 15.
Thank you all for all the interest that you've been showing to join
GCC2022, regardless of the format. That's great to see!
Beatriz on behalf of the GCC2022 Organizing Committee