Dear Galaxy Community,
Recent genome additions and updates on the *Galaxy Main public instance* at http://usegalaxy.org include:
* New native genome additions:*
* *"mm10"*: Mouse (/Mus musculus/) Dec 2011, GRCm38, source UCSC * *"gorGor3"*: Gorilla (/Gorilla gorilla gorilla/) May 2011, WGS CABD02, source UCSC * *"bosTau6"*: Cow (/Bos taurus/) Nov 2009, UMD_3.1, source UCSC
* Existing genomes with content updates:*
* *"bosTau4, bosTauMd3, canFam2, mm9, panTro3, rn4"*
* /Native genomes/ are sometimes referred to as "/locally cached/" on tool forms. * New and updated indexes include: /NGS:+/ (all tools), /Lift-Over/ (Convert genome coordinates), and /Fetch Sequences/ (Extract DNA). * Currently, these additions and updates exclude the tools in the group /NGS: GATK Tools (beta)/, however new genomes will be added soon. For now, use the custom reference genome http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Support#Custom_reference_genome option with this tool group, if not using*"Homo sapiens b37 (hg_g1k_v37)"*. * Additional new genomes and updates are in progress and will be announced via Twitter @galaxyproject http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Galaxy%20on%20Twitter and the firstname.lastname@example.org http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Mailing%20Lists#The_lists mailing list. * Genome requests can be sent to the mailto:email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org list. Please include the full genome name, a link to the stable public source, and any build or species specific information you feel is relevant. This helps us to create a reference genome the entire Galaxy community can use. * Unfinished genomes or genomes not yet published to a stable source repository are still often best used as a custom reference genome http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Support#Custom_reference_genome with tools, but please feel free to check in for feedback.
/Thanks for using Galaxy!/