Just wanted to let you know that I had some problems with using the
Megablast wrapper in the 'tools/metag' directory. I put the tool to run
a sge cluster, but ran into problem. Blast didn't create any output at
all but reported successful run in galaxy website. The output and error
files were empty (outside of output file having the commandline to be
The problem was that megablast kept on segfaulting in the cluster. After
testing the blast command manually (from which I removed the '-a 8'
option without thinking about that) it run without problems. Finally I
realised this and removed the option '-a 8' from the wrapper and got a
correct result into galaxy as well. The cluster that I use here has 2
cores on each node.
Show replies by date