[galaxy-dev] Upload of images - jpg/png - "binary file contains inappropriate content"

Jelle Scholtalbers j.scholtalbers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 08:49:30 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I would like to be able to upload images to my Galaxy instance - in
particular jpg/png to data libraries. I can't however find out how to
overcome the problem of inappropriate content in binary file.
How to go about?

When I create a sniffer class in the galaxy.datatypes.images.py that always
returns true (for testing purposes) I still don't get the jpg uploaded
without an error (sniffer is incl. in the datatypes_conf.xml ).
class Jpg( Image ):
    file_ext = "jpg"
    def sniff(self, filename):
        """Determine if the file is in jpg format.
        """
        return True

It seems I'm missing something obvious and could use some help.

Cheers,
Jelle