I'd like to suggest a new feature - administrative lock which prevents new jobs from
1. I need to stop my galaxy server (to upgrade, to add new tool, to add new dbkey, etc).
2. I want to stop it in a friendly way, without killing running jobs, but not allow new
jobs to start.
3. Once all the running jobs complete (and new jobs are not started), I can stop the
server, fix it, and restart.
4. Restarting the server (and assuming jobs are tracked in the database), all the held
jobs are started normally.
1. new administrative method ( job_lock() in ./lib/galaxy/web/controller/admin.py )
2. new template ( ./templates/admin/job_lock.mako )
3. job lock code in lib/galaxy/jobs/schedulingpolicy/roundrobin.py
I'm still testing this patch, but comments are welcomed.