Dear Galaxy Community,
Recent genome additions and updates on the *Galaxy Main public instance*
at http://usegalaxy.org include:
New native genome additions:*
* *"mm10"*: Mouse (/Mus musculus/) Dec 2011, GRCm38, source UCSC
* *"gorGor3"*: Gorilla (/Gorilla gorilla gorilla/) May 2011, WGS
CABD02, source UCSC
* *"bosTau6"*: Cow (/Bos taurus/) Nov 2009, UMD_3.1, source UCSC
Existing genomes with content updates:*
* *"bosTau4, bosTauMd3, canFam2, mm9, panTro3, rn4"*
* /Native genomes/ are sometimes referred to as "/locally cached/" on
* New and updated indexes include: /NGS:+/ (all tools), /Lift-Over/
(Convert genome coordinates), and /Fetch Sequences/ (Extract DNA).
* Currently, these additions and updates exclude the tools in the
group /NGS: GATK Tools (beta)/, however new genomes will be added
soon. For now, use the custom reference genome
with this tool group, if not using*"Homo sapiens b37 (hg_g1k_v37)"*.
* Additional new genomes and updates are in progress and will be
announced via Twitter @galaxyproject
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Galaxy%20on%20Twitter> and the
<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Mailing%20Lists#The_lists> mailing list.
* Genome requests can be sent to the mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
<mailto:email@example.com>mailing list. Please include the full
genome name, a link to the stable public source, and any build or
species specific information you feel is relevant. This helps us to
create a reference genome the entire Galaxy community can use.
* Unfinished genomes or genomes not yet published to a stable source
repository are still often best used as a custom reference genome
tools, but please feel free to check in for feedback.
/Thanks for using Galaxy!/